Virtual Financial Planning Days – October 1-6
Financial Planning Days
Personal financial planning is essential, regardless of age or income, and it is vital to meeting life goals, such as buying a home, paying for college or achieving a secure retirement. There are millions of Americans with pressing financial questions that need answers, and unfortunately, many have not had the opportunity to discuss those questions with competent and ethical financial planners.
Financial Planning Days feature experts from the Financial Planning Association® and highly qualified CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, all volunteering their time and expertise to provide free Virtual Zoom consultations.
The need for expert advice from local financial planners is great – especially in this economy. That's why our chapter is proud to offer this year's event as week-long, virtual consultations beginning Saturday, October 1, and lasting through Thursday, October 6.
We focus on clients with little or no assets and incomes at or below 80% of the local median income, the income limit designated by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for determining eligibility for public housing, but these income limits may be waived for clients referred by our non-profit partners and all branches of the deployed military. Please review the Confidential Client Questionnaire, Letter of Engagement and the ProBono Guidelines. These are documents that you will need to read and should fill out prior to your consultation.
We need your help to make this year's event possible! If you are a financial planner and would like to volunteer your time and expertise, sign up for a time slot here. Student and career changers are also welcome to sign up as "shadow volunteers" to observe one-on-one consultations, too!
Free Online Financial Education Resources, Tools & Calculators
Creating A Spending Plan
Presented by Nicole Boor, CFP®
Presented by Melanie Hardie, CFP®, AFC (Accredited Financial Counselor)
Investing Basics: Be a Smart Investor
Presented by Ryan Antkowiak, CFP®
Presented by FPA of MN
My Retirement Paycheck
Presented by John Comer, CFP®
Social Security Basics
Presented by Joe Downes MBA, CFP®
Financial Planning Association of Minnesota (FPA MN) Pro Bono Resources
- Instructions for requesting a pro bono engagement or financial education presentation from a Certified Financial Planner® Professional
- Access to vetted local and national resources that can help with common financial planning topics and concerns
- Resources related to the financial challenges associated with COVID-19
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- Resources and tipcs to protect and manage your finances during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic
- Answers to hundreds of financial questions
- Guides to help you understand and plan for big financial goals
- Publications and resources available in multiple languages
360 Degrees of Financial Literacy
- A free program offered by The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants to help Americans understand their personal finances through every stage of life
- America Saves is a campaign coordinated by the nonprofit Consumer Federation of America (CFA) and is dedicated to helping individuals save money, reduce debt, and build wealth
National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE)
- Self-directed online courses for teens and adult learners of all ages
- Publications and tools with learning activities
- Khan Academy is a non-profit educational organization that offers a free library of online tools that help educate students