10:45 am - 12:00 pm
Free Member-Only event - Powered by Alliance Forum FPA chapters
Before, During, and After: Addressing a Client’s Cognitive Incapacity
Presenters: Dr. Moira Somers & Dr. Carolyn McClanahan, CFP®
Financial professionals are often in a prime position to detect cognitive impairment in their clients, but they frequently struggle to know what to do in response. When and how should they address their concerns? What, if anything, can be done proactively to protect everyone involved? What ethical principles and standards come into play?
Drs. McClanahan and Somers will be presenting actionable recommendations for how advisors can manage both the issues and the difficult emotions that frequently arise in the course of dealing with cognitive incapacity.
RSVP by March 23, 2023
Metropolitan Ballroom, Golden Valley
Presenter: Ron Wirtz, Regional Outreach Director. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Current Business Conditions & Challenges in the Minnesota Economy & The Role of Labor Force in Future Economic Growth
Ron will discuss the current state of the Minnesota economy, the challenges of the present environment, and the special role of labor force in long-term economic growth. Using an interactive survey, Ron will also gauge attendees’ sentiment regarding recent business activity, hiring demand, labor availability, outlook and other issues.
By attending this session, participants will:
- Learn how are businesses doing currently across Minnesota and Federal Reserve projections for businesses.
- Hear about current economic activity and the near-term outlook of firms in business different sectors.
- Know the challenging economic conditions pressuring businesses in Minnesota.
- Study the impact of recent interest rate increases on residents and business activities.
- Learn about the main functions of the Federal Reserve.
RSVP by April 14, 2023