One of the associations I participate in - The Exit Planning Institute Twin Cities Area Chapter - has combined their resources in an effort to gather information regarding the state of readiness to transition privately held small and middle market businesses in the U.S. post The Great Recession. Many of the present studies of owner readiness to transition are pre-recession studies.
The information gathered from this survey will be used to:
- Assess owner’s perspectives regarding their state of readiness and analyze how the recession may have changed their perspectives.
- Assess to what degree owners have considered all transition options?
- Assess to what degree have owners begun preparing for the transition of their business?
- Help design educational programs to better prepare owners for what could be the most significant financial event in their lifetime.
- Improve owner/family outcomes as it relates to successful transitioning their businesses.
Survey respondents will be anonymous and individual responses will be held strictly confidential. The answers in the first part of the survey will categorize the company by identifying its key characteristics but not the company itself to protect confidentiality. The survey takes only 15 minutes to complete. No personal information is collected. If you wish to receive a complimentary copy of the research report when complete, feel free to contact me at email@example.com or click this link for the report: https://goo.gl/j36PTK.
THIS SURVEY SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY THE OWNER OR OWNERS OF THE BUSINESS. I urge you to pass this survey link on to your small business clients and to take the survey yourself as a small business owner. Follow this link, TAKE THE SURVEY