For second year running, 8 Pro Bono Committee members and volunteers conducted a one-on-one, 20-minute financial counseling session with 32 AmeriCorp members in collaboration with CollegePossible. The event took place on March 22nd, Friday, from 1 – 3 PM, at CollegePossible’s St. Paul campus on Fairview and University.
AmeriCorp members asked our volunteer planners following questions. How would you answer them?
- How can I keep my car and make ends meet?
Members’ stipend is $1,000 a month.
- How do I manage my student loans?
- Should I apply the Academic Credit to pay down student loans or use it to pay for graduate school?
Members receive non-taxable $6,500 in academic credit at the end of one year of commitment.
- I’m starting a real job in June, what should I know and do?
Our annual one-on-one financial counseling is one of the few transitional AmeriCorp to career transitional informational counseling they receive.
- Should I continue with 2nd year of this program?
Members are passionate and committed to serving their communities.
Thanks to San Asato, Earl Cohen, Jennifer Elston-Brondell, Joe Downes, Doug Heagren, Scott Nelson, Corey Purkat, and Tiffany Rovaina for volunteering and making this event happen, and positively impacting lives and our communities.