Greetings, as I write I realize how quickly time passes when I read the reminder that the next newsletter article is due. Always on the 22nd of each month. Where did the last 30 days go? I clearly have the answer. FPA of MN has been in full swing –
- Annual Symposium – record-breaking attendance, exceptional speakers, partner participation and many first time offerings. Thank you to the Symposium committee and all other volunteers for helping to ensure another successful event.
- Formation of a book club kick-off by Professional Issues committee. They have held their initial meeting, chose their first book: The Rational Animal and I understand about 16 members are participating. Clearly confirmation there was a need for this club.
- Financial Planning Day – another extraordinary event with record-breaking attendance, numerous FPA & CFP volunteers and allied partner attendance. Kudos to the FP Day committee.
- Chapter Leadership Conference and Alliance Forum – FPA of MN sponsored attendance for 11board and committee members, plus our Executive Director and new assistant. MN also received the outstanding achievement award for our new website development and Financial Planning Day 2013. Kudos to Team Minnesota !!!!
- Annual Strategic Planning Day - attended by approximately 40 board and committee members. Steve Gilbertson, President-Elect 2014, put together an agenda for a day filled with lively conversation and certainly set the stage for a great start to 2015. Steve, your efforts were exemplary. Thank you.
These events coupled with our usual monthly chapter meeting, board meeting and committee meetings. Whew !!!! We have been a bunch of busy bodies.
Sending Thanksgiving wishes to you and your loved ones. Thank you for your continued membership in FPA and to those of you that volunteer and hold leadership positions we are so very grateful.
To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan and not quite enough time.
Julieann Schroeder President, FPA of Minnesota
USAdvisors Wealth Management